ForestWorks currently holds industry advisory contracts in New South Wales and Victoria, which complement our existing STAC networks.
Our industry advisory responsibilities include a range of activities to identify industry needs and solutions for skills and workforce development, including:
- Formal consultation such as focus groups, industry sector advisory groups, site visits and web forums
- Conference and industry forum presentations
- Project work with cross industry collaboration and partnerships
In addition to this and to ensure an industry led national training system, assistance is provided in the development of the following training packages:
- FWP Forest and Wood Products Training Package
- PPM Pulp and Paper Manufacturing Industry Training Package
- MSF Furnishing Training Package
ForestWorks also has Memorandums of Understanding in place with industry advisory groups and bodies in Northern Territory and Western Australia, which enables us to access industry information and advice related to these states, work together, and leverage each other roles.