We encourage all Tasmanian forest and timber industry workers and their employers to access the Training and Skills Development Service (TSDS). This funding is available across all sectors: Harvesting and Haulage, Forest Growing & Management, Timber Manufactured Products, Timber Merchandising, Pulp & Paper Manufacturing, Wood Panel & Board Production and Furniture. It provides the opportunity to support workers develop new skills and to gain formal recognition for skills they have already gained.
Funding is available for training that meets the following criteria:
- training that is of benefit to the Tasmanian Forest and Timber Industry;
- that is relevant to current and/or future job roles in the forestry sector;
- and provided by a registered training organisation (RTO).
Forestry Tasmania is one of many organisations who have accessed the service. Read about their experience by clicking the links below.
- Five employees, undertake Threatened Butterfly training through the Forest Practices Authority – read case study here
- Employee undertakes ISO 14001:2015 training through the BSI group – read case study here
Other State Specific Funding
NSW – Smart & Skilled
VIC – Regional and Specialist Training Fund
VIC – Workforce Training Innovation Fund
QLD – Skilling Queenslanders for Work